- Level 2
- Entry requirements:
- This course is for students 19 years old and over.
- You will need good written communications skills (to be assessed at interview).
- Four GCSE passes including two at grade D, or a relevant Level 1 qualification. Relevant work experience will also be considered.
- This course is only available to applicants over the age of 19.
- Course content:
Provides an introduction to legal administration, preparation for employment as a legal secretary/administrator and enables you to progress to a higher level legal secretarial qualification.
You will study a variety of topics related to legal administration - such as law, legal communications, client care, office administration and legal text processing (including audio). Students learn by completing assignments, compilation of a portfolio and an external proof-reading test. In addition, the course will provide you with every opportunity to further develop interpersonal and IT skills to enable you to communicate effectively at work. These skills are additionally certificated by gaining the OCR Text Processing (Business Professional) Level 2 Award
- Course Structure:
Students complete two assignments per module for the Ilex Legal Secretary's Level 2 Diploma.
This course takes place at our Tooting campus.
- Course resources:
All students have access to our fully equipped state of the art learning centre. This includes free internet access.
By assignments for each module, plus external proof-reading test and external assessment for the OCR Text Processing (Business Professional) Level 2 Award.
- Next step:
- ILEX Level 3 Diploma or employment. A legal secretary may find employment in a law firm or there are many other positions available, such as in local council offices, financial firms and estate agencies, or in secretarial positions in general offices.
- How to apply:
Complete an application form for interview. You can do this on-line by clicking on the link in the right hand column. Or you can download a PDF of the 2012-2013 Application for Interview Form (Form A) [PDF 312k]. For further details see the How to Apply section.
A Level applicants do not need to apply for specific subjects: your application form is for the A Level programme. We will discuss your subject choices at your interview.
- Materials costs:
Essential books are provided by ILEX and cost around £50.