- Level 2
- Entry requirements:
- This course is for school leavers aged 16-18 years.
At least four GCSEs at grade D, one of which must be English Language.
- Course content:
The course is for students interested in the travel and tourism industries.
It includes modules in: Customer Service, Marketing, Holiday Operations, Airports and Airlines and Visitor Attractions. You will also study functional skills in English, Maths and ICT and BTEC Cabin Crew.
- Course Structure:
Travel and Tourism courses at South Thames College are taught at our Merton Campus.
- Course resources:
All students have access to our fully equipped state of the art learning centre. This includes free internet access.
Internally assessed assignments
- Next step:
- Students with at least a high Merit can progress to the BTEC Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism. Alternatively you may seek employment in the industry
- How to apply:
Complete an application form for interview. You can do this on-line by clicking on the link in the right hand column. Or you can download a PDF of the 2012-2013 Application for Interview Form (Form A) [PDF 312k]. For further details see the How to Apply section.
A Level applicants do not need to apply for specific subjects: your application form is for the A Level programme. We will discuss your subject choices at your interview.
- Fees Info
- If you are 16-18 years old, this course is free. You may have to pay some materials costs.
- If you are aged 19 or older, you may have to pay the "inclusive fee" (which includes the tuition fee, examination fee and exam board registration fee) as shown, plus the College Registration Charge of £30 and any materials costs. To find out if you qualify for reduced fees, read more here.
- If you are aged 24 or older, you may be able to get an Advanced Learning Loan for this course. To find out more click here.
- Materials costs:
The tutor will advise you about any materials costs.