- Level 3
- Entry requirements:
- This course is suitable for students of all ages.
Four GCSEs at minimum grade C including English Language or a BTEC Level 2 Diploma at Merit or Distinction or equivalent qualification.
- Course content:
This course will give you the chance to look at the various aspects of tourism and develop highly practical skills for working life.
This course is available to international students. If you are from outside the UK or EU please click here
The course consists of compulsory and optional units. Units for year one include: Working in Travel & Tourism; Business of Travel & Tourism; Investigating Travel & Tourism; Customer Service; UK Travel Destinations and European Destinations. You will also study functional skills in English and Maths.
Some of the units you will follow in year two include: Resort Representativesand Long Haul Destinations.
- Course Structure:
Travel and Tourism courses at South Thames College are taught at our Merton Campus.
- Course resources:
All students have access to our fully equipped state of the art learning centre which includes free internet access.
Continuous assessment of coursework
- Next step:
- You may go on to an HND or degree course. Your career prospects could be as a tour operator, travel agent, resort rep or cabin crew, for example.
- How to apply:
Complete an application form for interview. You can do this on-line by clicking on the link in the right hand column. Or you can download a PDF of the 2012-2013 Application for Interview Form (Form A) [PDF 312k]. For further details see the How to Apply section.
A Level applicants do not need to apply for specific subjects: your application form is for the A Level programme. We will discuss your subject choices at your interview.
- Fees Info
- If you are 16-18 years old, this course is free. You may have to pay some materials costs.
- If you are aged 19 or older, you may have to pay the "inclusive fee" (which includes the tuition fee, examination fee and exam board registration fee) as shown, plus the College Registration Charge of £30 and any materials costs. To find out if you qualify for reduced fees, read more here.
- If you are aged 24 or older, you may be able to get an Advanced Learning Loan for this course. To find out more click here.