- Level 2 - Module 2
- Entry requirements:
- You should check the level of this course to see if it matches your ability.
This course is for students who have recently completed Portuguese Stage 1 or equivalent (75 learning hours approx or 1-2 years of study)
- Course content:
Improve your Portuguese on this lively and communicative course for pre-intermediate level stage 2. Taught in Portuguese with emphasis on developing your listening, speaking and writing skills.
By the end of the course students will be able to:
- Say things you did in the past (Consolidation);
- Say things you used to do as a child, places you used to go to, etc;
- Say why you like/dislike things;
- To offer help, express desires, ask permission for something;
- Give advice and express worry about something (problems);
- Grammar: the imperfect (Revision and consolidation);
- Contrast between imperfect and perfect tenses;
- The future tenses (Futuro do preterito & futuro do presente);
- Indefinite pronouns (qualquer, nenhum, etc);
- Past tense (Preterito mais-que-perfeito).
- Course Structure:
Classes typically have about 10-15 students. You may work in groups, in pairs or individually and need to complete homework outside the class. There is an emphasis on student participation in activities. Communicative, functional approach with emphasis on speaking and listening and comprehension activities with audio-visual methods.
- Course resources:
You will have access to the Learning Centre in Wandsworth and Tooting. This includes the use of computers, audio-visual equipment and at Wandsworth, our language laboratory.
- Tutor feedback;
- Informal tests;
- Student self assessment;
- Weekly homework.
- Next step:
- Portuguese: Level 2 module 3
- How to apply:
- Enrol in person, by telephone or by post
- Fees Info
Please click here for fee information.
- Materials costs:
Texbook and exercises book to be confirmed by tutor