- Level 7
- Entry requirements:
This course is for students aged 18 years and older.
English: ILETS: 6.0 (minimum 5.5 in each section) or equivalent.
- A UK degree or other equivalent qualification; or
- A UK Foundation Degree or HND or equivalent and evidence of at least two years' managerial work experience; or
- At least a UK level 3 qualification or equivalent and evidence of at least four years' managerial work experience.
In addition to satisfying the academic entry requirements, you must demonstrate your ability to study at postgraduate level. Students need to be well-prepared, self-disciplined and able to manage their time and workload effectively.
- Course content:
This postgraduate course covers the key knowledge, understanding and practical experience required in management. The course is suitable for students who wish to develop their theoretical skills and apply the skills in a work environment.
- Strategic Quality and Systems Management
- Managing Corporate Responsibility in the Wider Business Environment
- Course Structure:
You will cover:
- Developing Strategic Management and Leadership Skills
- Professional Development for Strategic Managers
- Strategic Change Management
- Developing Corporate Culture
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Strategic Planning
- Managing Financial Principles and Techniques
- Developing Successful Business Teams
- Research Methods for Strategic Managers
- Project Development and Implementation for Strategic Managers
Students achieving all of the above units will be awarded with the Extended Diploma in Strategic Management & leadership.
A range of methods including assignments, presentations, time-constrained assignments and projects.
- Next step:
- You can progress to the MBA at South Thames College or to employment or set up your own business.
- How to apply:
Complete an application form for interview. You can do this on-line by clicking on the link in the right hand column. Or you can download a PDF of the 2012-2013 Application for Interview Form (Form A) [PDF 312k]. For further details see the How to Apply section.
A Level applicants do not need to apply for specific subjects: your application form is for the A Level programme. We will discuss your subject choices at your interview.
- Fees Info
The tuition fee for this course is set by the University. You may be able to apply for a student loan or other funding.