- We want you to find your time at South Thames College enjoyable, stimulating and successful.
- Our job is to make sure you study and work in a safe and motivating environment. We will treat you with respect and value you as an individual. We will celebrate your efforts and your successes and will help you learn from mistakes.
- We expect you to value and respect your fellow students and staff / colleagues in the same way.
- We will make sure that all the College services - for example, the library, the refectory, the reception and information services - are of the highest quality and accessible to everyone.
- We know that racism and sexism, and treating people badly because of their age, class, sexuality, religion, physical and mental differences can get in the way of a good service.
- We will not tolerate any behaviour or ways of working - either explicit or subtle - which allow this to happen, or which suggest that one group of people are superior to another.
- And we require you to do the same.
- This policy is displayed all over the College and is given to every student, member of staff and job applicant.
- All of us are responsible for making sure that actions speak louder than words. So, if you have any reason to feel this policy is not working for you or a colleague, tell a member of staff. Ask for the Student Charter or Staff Handbook. These tell you how to put things right.
- We will report to you once a year on how this is working and ask for your views too.
Diversity and difference are a great source of strength
15 May 2013
To celebrate Adult Learners’ Week, South Thames College is making all short courses starting before 1 August absolutely FREE**. Read more...