About This Website
This website contains information about South Thames College, London, and all our courses and services.
It is built and hosted by ActiveIS and content is maintained and developed by staff in the College.
If you have any comments concerning this website please contact email@example.com
The information on this website is a general guide to the courses and services offered by South Thames College at its various locations in Wandsworth and Merton.
To the best of our knowledge, its contents and statements were fair, accurate and current at publication. We cannot guarantee that there are no errors or omissions.
We may make changes at any time and without notice.
We operate in a context of public regulation. The College regularly reviews its courses, services and policies with reference to public regulation and to its duty to manage public funds efficiently. Our courses, services and policies can change at any time consequent to changes in external policies and regulations.
On occasion it is necessary to move, alter or withdraw courses. The College cannot therefore guarantee the provision of all courses as detailed on this website. All courses run subject to demand.
When a course is cancelled, or is amended in any way from that advertised so that enrolled students are no longer able to attend, the College will do what it can to transfer enrolled students to an alternative course if one exists that is appropriate and available.
Fees may change at short notice due to circumstances beyond our control. The fees payable are those in force at the time of enrolment, which supersede any that may previously have been advertised.
As appropriate and reasonable, we will try to inform all affected persons of substantive changes in information.
The content of this website, or of external pages to which there are links, relating to matters and organisations outside the College is for general information only and does not constitute any recommendation or warranty.
Using This Website
South Thames College does not warrant that this website or access to it will be error-free, or that the website or the servers that make it available will be free of viruses or bugs.
Any content downloaded or otherwise obtained from this website is obtained at your own risk.
Copyright © 2012, South Thames College London
All rights, including those in copyright, in the content of this website ('the Content'), are owned by or controlled for these purposes by South Thames College.
The Content may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any way except for private, non-commercial use without our permission. Any other use requires written permission from South Thames College: email firstname.lastname@example.org
South Thames College Cookies Policy
South Thames College (we or us) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We take the privacy of all of our site users seriously and take great care to protect your personal information.
Please read the following policy carefully to understand what personal information we may collect from you, how we may use it, and your rights in respect of our use. By using this website, you accept the terms of this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
Information we may collect from you
We do not require that visitors reveal any personal information in order to access our website; however we may collect and process the following personal information under certain circumstances:
- Information that you provide by completing forms on the website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our services or registering for an event.
- We may, for example, keep a record of your name, address, email address and telephone number.We may ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us.
- If you contact us by email we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- We may collect details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, the resources that you access.
How we will use your information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To send you our newsletters or provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
IP Addresses and Cookies
From any point after you have entered our website we may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration.
This information provides statistical data about our visitors browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. In summary, the cookies we use enable us:
- To estimate our general audience size and how they use our site
- To recognise you when you return to our site
- To store information about your preferences to allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests
We will also permit the Google Analytics service to collect cookies during the time you use our website. In summary, these cookies will enable us to:
- Track the first and last pages you visit and your total number of visits to the website
- Track how long you spend on any page existing within our website
- Track how you have been visiting the website
- Track how you came to access the website including any keyword searches, search engine information or referrer
This is a list of the cookies set by this website, and highlights specifically what each is used for:
This session id cookie remembers your recent page requests on our site and is required for the website to run. This cookie expires when you close your browser.
These cookies are used to track how users interact with the website. This information is used to compile reports and help us improve the website. The data collected by these cookies is anonymous and reports to us on which pages a user has visited, your location and how long you have interacted with our website. Click here for more information on these cookies:http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
To find out more on cookies generally and about how to restrict or block the cookies this site uses, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
Please note that if you restrict or block cookies this website uses, this may reduce the performance and usability of the site.