This course gives an introduction to residential kitchen and bathroom design, and is focused on providing the essential skills required to complete individual projects.
You will learn how to measure, prepare draft drawings and plan your kitchen and/or bathroom, including finishes, lighting and materials.
The course content will include:
- Measuring and drawing to scale
- Introduction to ergonomic principles and building regulations
- Assessment of best layout options for kitchens and bathrooms
- Storage planning
- Preparing draft drawings using templates
- Selecting a colour scheme
- Introduction to planning for lighting and appliances
- Selecting materials and finishes
- Visualisation and presentation of a project
Assessment will be on-going and via individual learning plans.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
There may be materials you need to help with your studies. You'll either make a one-off payment for these when you enrol, or you'll buy them during the course. Your tutor will talk to you about this at interview or in your first class (if you don't need an interview).
Depending on your course and circumstances, you may be able to get funding to help with materials fees. Please check with us when you come in for interview or enrolment.
You can enrol on other interior design courses within the college.
All courses run subject to demand and the content listed here should be used as a guide only. Course content may vary according to a range of factors such as course duration, campus, teaching staff and requirements from awarding bodies. Check our course and fee guidelines for further details.
Apply for this course
Art and Art History
Fashion and Textiles Design
Floristry and Gardening
Graphic Design and Web Design