Do you want to learn how to surf the web efficiently and safely? Do you need help in using email? Join this women only group and learn new digital skills.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Setting up a web based e-mail account
- Sending and receiving e-mail
- Forwarding and replying
- Downloading and saving attachments.
- Attaching files to your messages (i.e. pictures)
- Compiling an address book
- Deleting emails
- Web browsing and searching
- Accessing web sites and web pages
- Downloading information from a website
- Printing web pages
You must be able to use a mouse and keyboard.
There may be materials you need to help with your studies. You'll either make a one-off payment for these when you enrol, or you'll buy them during the course. Your tutor will talk to you about this at interview or in your first class (if you don't need an interview).
Depending on your course and circumstances, you may be able to get funding to help with materials fees. Please check with us when you come in for interview or enrolment.
You could enrol on our Computing Beginner course.
All courses run subject to demand and the content listed here should be used as a guide only. Course content may vary according to a range of factors such as course duration, campus, teaching staff and requirements from awarding bodies. Check our course and fee guidelines for further details.