This course will build your confidence using a computer through guided step-by-step teaching.
The course covers:
- Processing a document in Microsoft Word - how to create, save and print
- How to use tools in Word to edit your text such as spellcheck, cut, copy and paste
- How to format your document in Word using page numbers, colour, tables, symbols, shapes, borders, images Word art, headers and footers
- Creating and using folders to organise your documents
- Using Microsoft Office Accessories such as the calendar, calculator and magnifier
- How to find information using the Internet
- Setting up an email account and how to send and receive emails.
Homework forms an important part of this course and you'll be expected to complete some work outside of lessons.
There may be materials you need to help with your studies. You'll either make a one-off payment for these when you enrol, or you'll buy them during the course. Your tutor will talk to you about this at interview or in your first class (if you don't need an interview).
Depending on your course and circumstances, you may be able to get funding to help with materials fees. Please check with us when you come in for interview or enrolment.
All courses run subject to demand and the content listed here should be used as a guide only. Course content may vary according to a range of factors such as course duration, campus, teaching staff and requirements from awarding bodies. Check our course and fee guidelines for further details.