Based on testing and inspection of new work you have installed or your company, it's ideal for those with practical experience of inspection and testing.
The course will help you to understand the requirements for:
- Completing the safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- Initial verification of electrical installations
- Completing the inspection of electrical installations prior to being placed into service
- Safe testing and commissioning of electrical installations
- Testing before circuits are energised
- Testing energised installations
- Completion of electrical installation certificates and associated documentation
- You'll be able to confirm the safety of system and equipment and also inspect and test electrical installations prior to them being placed into service.
City & Guilds theory exam and practical test.
You must have a Level 3 qualification and also hold the 17th edition of IEE wiring regulations certificate, since 2008 either 2394 or 2391.
There may be materials you need to help with your studies. You'll either make a one-off payment for these when you enrol, or you'll buy them during the course. Your tutor will talk to you about this at interview or in your first class (if you don't need an interview).
Depending on your course and circumstances, you may be able to get funding to help with materials fees. Please check with us when you come in for interview or enrolment.
All courses run subject to demand and the content listed here should be used as a guide only. Course content may vary according to a range of factors such as course duration, campus, teaching staff and requirements from awarding bodies. Check our course and fee guidelines for further details.
Apply for this course
DIY and Home Improvements
Professional training qualifications