This course is based on testing and inspection of existing installations that other people have installed. It's ideal for anyone with practical experience in inspection and testing.
You'll cover testing, inspection and installation in detail including being able to understand the requirements for:
- Completing the safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- Completing the periodic inspection of electrical installations
- Safe testing of electrical installations in service
- Testing energised installations
- Completing electrical installation condition reports and associated documentation
- The safety of a system and equipment prior to completion of inspection and testing and carry out inspection of electrical installations.
Online multiple choice exam, written exam, practical test.
You must have a Level 3 qualification and also hold the 17th edition of IEE wiring regulations certificate, since 2008 either 2394 or 2391.
There may be materials you need to help with your studies. You'll either make a one-off payment for these when you enrol, or you'll buy them during the course. Your tutor will talk to you about this at interview or in your first class (if you don't need an interview).
Depending on your course and circumstances, you may be able to get funding to help with materials fees. Please check with us when you come in for interview or enrolment.
All courses run subject to demand and the content listed here should be used as a guide only. Course content may vary according to a range of factors such as course duration, campus, teaching staff and requirements from awarding bodies. Check our course and fee guidelines for further details.
Apply for this course
DIY and Home Improvements
Professional training qualifications