Ofqual and Gov.uk have published a very informative video and infographic about Student’s A-level and GCSE Results for 2020 along with clear guidance notes. The calculation and ranking process is very similar for all other awarding body examples of centre assessed grading and ranking. Please see links below:
- a video guide for students
- an infographic which explains the awarding process
- more detailed guidance for teachers, students, parents and carers
No centre can inform students of their centre assessed grades and/or ranking in each subject in advance of the official issue date as defined by each Awarding Body. However, as centre assessed grades and/or ranking are the student’s personal data, under the Data Protection Act 2018, you have the right to receive access to this information once results have been issued.
- Contact us via the contact details held on our system
- Give your student ID and Date of Birth
- Which qualifications you are requesting your grade for
Please see our GDPR policy for more information on data information requests.
- Enquiries to be made within one month of the results issue date
- Acknowledgement within 5 working days
- Full response within 20 working days
In line with AOC advice we are not generally releasing student ranking as this could inadvertently reveal information about other students’ data and constitute a data breach. If you feel you have a particular reason for wishing to know your rank order please let us know and we will consider your request.
There is no mechanism through which to appeal the centre assessed grade. Students cannot appeal against the professional judgement of the teachers in the awarding of the grade itself, and cannot request a review or second opinion of that grade.
An appeal will only be allowed in the following circumstances:
- Where a student has evidence of bias or discrimination this can be raised with the College
- Where a centre believes it has made an error when submitting information or if the centre believes an exam board made a mistake when calculating or communicating a grade