Learn how to use digital SLR and compact cameras and their features to produce great quality photographs. There will be projects on different subjects on a simple step by step basis.
This 10-week course is aimed at students who wish to develop their photography as a hobby or wish to develop their existing skills further. It covers the following:
- Understanding the use of your digital camera's basic features and viewfinder display information
- Using all of your camera's exposure controls (Auto, Program, Shutter priority, Aperture priority, Manual, ISO and EV) to produce well exposed photographs under different photo conditions
- Using a variety of picture scene modes, White Balance and flash options
- Using a variety of lighting techniques for portraiture and still life subjects using studio lighting
- Learning how to produce well composed photographs
- Photographing the moon and stars in Morden Park (autumn and spring terms)
- Outdoor photography of portraits, landscapes and panning techniques using Morden Park (summer term)
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop (digital imaging software)
You'll use your camera to complete practical photography tasks. These include portraiture and still life, and technical tasks to practise using the exposure settings, depth of field and other camera settings.
There is group and one to one tuition. Constructive advice and problem solving of students own work will also be given.
No formal qualifications are required. Basic photography skills would be helpful, but are not essential.
Students are required to bring their own digital camera, memory cards (with space for new photos) and instruction manuals. Please make sure the camera battery is fully charged for each lesson.
Lesson information sheets will be provided in all lessons. Please bring a pen and a notepad to write your own additional notes.
Progress onto another Adobe course with us, or if you're interested in setting up your own business please take a look at our business courses.
All courses run subject to demand and the content listed here should be used as a guide only. Course content may vary according to a range of factors such as course duration, campus, teaching staff and requirements from awarding bodies. Check our course and fee guidelines for further details.
Apply for this course
Art and Art History
Fashion and Textiles Design
Floristry and Gardening
Graphic Design and Web Design