Touch typing is a skill with enormous benefits, including enhanced productivity at work, increased speed, accuracy and more job opportunities.
This course is designed for office workers, typists, writers, professionals, employers, business owners and anyone who wants to work in one of these fields or individuals who simply want to improve their typing skills.
What we cover:
- The basic finger position and posture needed to prevent injury and aid typing speed
- Essential health and safety to avoid injury or strain
- The home keys and keyboard
- Number Keypad training
- Developing your typing speed
- Copy Typing
- Typing using sophisticated typing software and paper-based exercises.
- Keeping focused in a work noise environment
Come and join this friendly and fun course and leave two-finger typing firmly behind you.
Informal & formal assessment conducted by the tutor during class activities
This course is aimed at anyone who already has very basic typing skills and wish to improve technique, accuracy and speed.
Our other computing or Excel courses.
All courses run subject to demand and the content listed here should be used as a guide only. Course content may vary according to a range of factors such as course duration, campus, teaching staff and requirements from awarding bodies. Check our course and fee guidelines for further details.
Apply for this course
Computing and IT