Enhance your understanding of DIY techniques so you can do all those little jobs around the house.
You'll gain practical knowledge in a range of areas including:
- How to hang curtain poles. This should allow you to transfer technique to hanging shelves and pictures.
- How to cut tiles and tile a small flat surface.
- Recognising surfaces and how to prepare them for DIY projects.
- Painting and wall papering and removal techniques.
- How to change a washer in a leaky faucet
Tutor feedback and individual learning plans.
This is a practical, hands-on course in a workshop. You don't need previous experience, but some of the learning requires you to use hand tools.
There may be materials you need to help with your studies. You'll either make a one-off payment for these when you enrol, or you'll buy them during the course. Your tutor will talk to you about this at interview or in your first class (if you don't need an interview).
Depending on your course and circumstances, you may be able to get funding to help with materials fees. Please check with us when you come in for interview or enrolment.
Explore other DIY or design courses to help your home improvements.
All courses run subject to demand and the content listed here should be used as a guide only. Course content may vary according to a range of factors such as course duration, campus, teaching staff and requirements from awarding bodies. Check our course and fee guidelines for further details.