Pilates is a series of exercises designed to improve muscle control, flexibility, strength, breathing technique and posture. This course is suitable for beginners and those with experience.
By the end of the courses you will be able to:
- Use exercises to improve posture
- Use exercise to improve alignment.
- Use exercise to improve core stability and strength
- Use light weights in whole body MOT
- Name muscle groups and part of the skeleton
- Students with previous experience will develop flexibility and stamina with extended exercise
Tutor feedback, individual learning plans, peer and self-assessment.
Before the course begins you'll be asked questions about your general health to make sure that the course is suitable for you. If you are pregnant we advise that you speak to your doctor before starting this course.
Bring your own mat
Other wellbeing courses on offer at South Thames College e.g. mindfulness, nutrition
All courses run subject to demand and the content listed here should be used as a guide only. Course content may vary according to a range of factors such as course duration, campus, teaching staff and requirements from awarding bodies. Check our course and fee guidelines for further details.
Apply for this course
Maths and Science
Nutrition and Healthy Eating
Yoga, Pilates and Tai Chi