An introduction to acting which will build confidence, self-awareness, interpersonal skills and trust.
Topics covered includes:
- Understanding and developing characters
- Voice, movement and text-based work
- Devised ensemble performance
- A range of approaches to acting techniques.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Develop trust during group work, through drama games and exercises
- Build your confidence when acting in front of others
- Build your knowledge of communication skills used in the craft of acting
Our teacher will give you feedback and advice. You'll also complete an individual learning plan.
Suitable for all levels of ability and experience.
There may be materials you need to help with your studies. You'll either make a one-off payment for these when you enrol, or you'll buy them during the course. Your tutor will talk to you about this at interview or in your first class (if you don't need an interview).
Depending on your course and circumstances, you may be able to get funding to help with materials fees. Please check with us when you come in for interview or enrolment.
On to another performance based programme within the College.
All courses run subject to demand and the content listed here should be used as a guide only. Course content may vary according to a range of factors such as course duration, campus, teaching staff and requirements from awarding bodies. Check our course and fee guidelines for further details.
Apply for this course
Music Production and Performance