Your CV is designed to do one thing: get you an interview. However, on average your potential employer will only spend between 20-30 seconds on your CV. That's why it's crucial to get it right from the start. CV writing can be one of the toughest parts of a job application for many people. Knowing how to write a CV properly can really enhance your chances of being called for interview.
This course is suitable for anyone who is applying for jobs and would like to learn more about how they can make their CV more attractive to potential employers.
In this course you will consider different styles and formats and find an approach that suits your needs:
- Explore the basics and put down the foundations for a good CV
- Choose the right words to market your skills and experience and learn how to adapt your CV for each application
- What can you offer an employer?
- What are your successes and achievements?
- Be aware of your suitability to a particular job
- Learn how to use a CV template
- Discover how to make a good impression.
- Tailor your CV to suit the job role
Tutor feedback, individual learning plans, peer and self-assessment.
This workshop is open to anyone looking to change career or find out more about their employability options. Basic English and IT skills will be required.
Please bring a copy of your existing CV if you have one and a USB stick to the workshop.
You could take other professional skills courses at the College to help your employability and build your confidence.
All courses run subject to demand and the content listed here should be used as a guide only. Course content may vary according to a range of factors such as course duration, campus, teaching staff and requirements from awarding bodies. Check our course and fee guidelines for further details.