Workforce Training and Development
Our experienced workforce training and development team work with employers and individuals to meet the particular needs of an organisation; whether they are local, independent traders or multi-national corporations. We know that to a business getting the most from your workforce is not only essential, but a long term investment.
We have been responding to business employment and training needs for over a decade and provide a range of funded, flexible and bespoke training services to upskill the workforce across south London and beyond.
What our Team do
We support individuals by:
- Working with Job Centre Plus, employers, local associations and councils
- Delivering vocational qualifications and industry accredited training and certification (such as SIA)
- Providing professional development, interview techniques and help with job applications
- Giving guidance on career aspirations and increasing earning potential opportunities
- Helping with personal development and well-being
We support employers by:
- Providing flexible work-related training for your organisation or staff
- Assisting in the design and delivery of courses tailored to your business
- Setting up Sector Work Based Academies to aid with trained recruitment
- Identifying funding and opportunities to minimise or eliminate costs
If you are looking to find out more about apprenticeships, click here.
Individuals - Increase Your Earning Potential
We help thousands of individuals each year find employment or increase their earning potential at work. Our courses give practical, relevant skills and industry-recognised qualifications in your chosen field and include workshops on CV writing, interview techniques and job searching.
The following courses are open to anyone who is 19+ and has been living in UK or EU for 3 years.
Please click the link below to book your initial appointment.
*If you are claiming JSA, please book this appointment through your Job Centre Plus advisor.
- Preparation for Work
- Working in the Construction Industry
- Hospitality – such as Chef Skills, Barista Training and Hotel Services
- Security & Door Supervision (SIA Badge included)
- Facilities Services
- Environmental Cleaning & Hygiene Training
- Waste & Recycling
- Health & Social Care
- Child Care
- IT & Digital Skills
Employers - Bespoke Workforce Training
If you are looking to improve your employee’s skills, then we can help.
Our Workforce Training & Development team can tailor a range of courses designed to upskill your organisation; from Apprenticeships to NVQs to Short Courses and Sector Work Based Academies, which aim to meet your recruitment needs
Our work based qualifications are open to anyone who is 19+ and has been living in UK or EU for 3 years and include:
- Cleaning Services and Practical Cleaning Awards
- Facilities Services
- Food and Beverage Services and Professional Cookery
- Health and Social Care
- Dental Nursing
- Customer Services
- Equality & Diversity and Safeguarding
Contact us to access our expert knowledge on specific skills training and to find out what government funding is available.
To find out more, call us on 020 8918 7178.
Salvatore, Door Supervision Programme
Salvatore worked for over 40 years in the hospitality industry and decided that he would like a career change. He completed the Door Supervision 6 week course and learned a new set of skills. He then gained his SIA licence with the help of the college and now works full-time as a security officer for a prestigious retail company in the West End.
“I have never been so happy in my life. My courses at South Thames College helped me a lot to develop my skills and knowledge. I worked hard on a new security focused CV and I practised my interview techniques in class. I learned about the facilities industry and the many job opportunities available there. These courses were so valuable and I continue to use the knowledge learned in college in my actual job. I have been working for 6 months now and have enjoyed every moment of it.”
Thomas Tyler, Hospitality Supervisor Level 3
Thomas has been studying at South Thames College for the past 4 years. During that time, he completed his level 2 Hospitality front of house qualification. He was promoted to supervisor in his place of work and decided to enrol onto a L3 course to further develop his skills.
He succeeded in his Functional Skills both in English and in Maths at Level 2 and worked hard to achieve his Level 3 Hospitality Supervisor with distinction. He also helped the college to deliver our popular Barista courses.