Workforce Training and Development
Our experienced workforce training team work with employers and individuals; delivering bespoke training to upskill the workforce across south London and beyond.
What our Team do
- Deliver practical, vocational qualifications which are industry including Security, Barista, Workplace Hygiene (Covid 19) and Digital Skills
- Work with employers, JobCentres, local associations and councils
- Provide professional development, interview techniques and help with job applications
- Give guidance on career aspirations to increase earning potential opportunities
- Provide flexible work-related training for employers
- Assist in the design and delivery of tailored courses
- Setting up Sector Work Based Academy Programmes to aid with trained recruitment
- Identify funding opportunities to eliminate costs for employers
If you wish to find join one of our practical, industry-recognised qualifications, CV writing, interview techniques or job searching, please book onto an assessment date below.
The following courses are open to anyone 19+ and has been living in UK or EU for 3 years.
- Preparation for Work
- Barista Training
- Security & Door Supervision (SIA Badge included)
- Environmental Cleaning & Hygiene Training (Covid 19)
- Health & Social Care
- Child Care
- IT & Digital Skills
- Business Start Up
- Dental Nursing Level 3
Book an Assessment
Workforce Training assessments for all our short, free courses take place on Monday and Tuesday mornings at 10am at the TOOTING campus. Please book below.
Employers’ Bespoke Workforce Training
If you are looking to improve employees’ skills or need help in induction training or Sector Work based Academy Programmes, our Workforce Training Team can tailor a range of accredited courses designed specifically for your organisation. These can be delivered on site at a time to suit your business needs.
From Short courses to NVQs, our qualifications are available to anyone who is 19+ and has been living in UK or EU for 3 years.
- Cleaning Services and Covid Hygiene Training
- Food and Beverage, Hospitality, Professional Cookery, Allergen Awareness, Nutrition
- Facilities Services
- Equality and Diversity, Data Protection, Team Leading
- Autism Awareness, Management of Diabetes, Challenging Behaviour
If you wish to know more about Apprenticeships, please click here.
Salvatore, Door Supervision Programme
Salvatore worked for over 40 years in the hospitality industry and decided that he would like a career change. He completed the Door Supervision 6 week course and learned a new set of skills. He then gained his SIA licence with the help of the college and now works full-time as a security officer for a prestigious retail company in the West End.
“I have never been so happy in my life. My courses at South Thames College helped me a lot to develop my skills and knowledge. I worked hard on a new security focused CV and I practised my interview techniques in class. I learned about the facilities industry and the many job opportunities available there. These courses were so valuable and I continue to use the knowledge learned in college in my actual job. I have been working for 6 months now and have enjoyed every moment of it.”
Thomas Tyler, Hospitality Supervisor Level 3
Thomas has been studying at South Thames College for the past 4 years. During that time, he completed his level 2 Hospitality front of house qualification. He was promoted to supervisor in his place of work and decided to enrol onto a L3 course to further develop his skills.
He succeeded in his Functional Skills both in English and in Maths at Level 2 and worked hard to achieve his Level 3 Hospitality Supervisor with distinction. He also helped the college to deliver our popular Barista courses.