Work-based training and professional qualifications
If you're already in work and want to progress in your career, we offer a number of courses across a range of sectors to help you gain practical experience and industry-recognised qualifications while you're working.
We can also help employers train their teams and find apprentices. If you're an employer, find out more about the different ways we could help you develop your team.
Our range of business courses can help you progress, whatever your level. Earn a qualification as you work on an apprenticeship, gain the skills you need to go to university with an Access course, or build your managerial skills with an ILM diploma.
- Business BTEC Extended Diploma - Level 3
- Business Enterprise and Entrepreneurship BTEC Diploma - Level 2
- Business - Access to Higher Education Diploma - Level 3
- Business BTEC HND - Level 5
- Business Administration BTEC Diploma - Level 1
- NCFE Diploma in Business Administration - Level 2
- Certificate in Principles of Business Administration - Level 2
- Business BTEC HNC - Level 4
Electrical Installation professional qualifications
Our Electrical Installation qualifications are competitively priced and run in the evenings so you can fit your studies around your work and other commitments.
- L3 - Award in The Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671: 2008 (2015) (QCF) (CG) - Level 3
- L3 - Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations (QCF) (CG) - Level 3
- L3 - Award in the Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations (QCF) ( - Level 3
Accounting AAT and ACCA qualifications
If you enrol on one of our AAT courses, you'll benefit from our popular City walk tour where you'll go behind the scenes at the AAT offices and meet working professionals. Our tutors have all worked in the industry so will be able to share their advice and best practice tips ensuring you're as prepared for working in accounting as possible.
We offer a range of qualifications that are suitable for all levels of experience from beginners through to working professionals who want to top up their skills:
As an apprentice you'll learn new skills to get ahead at work through work-based training and days spent in college. You'll earn while you study, and will gain a recognised qualification at the end of your course.
If you're not employed, you can find an apprenticeship through the Government’s apprenticeship vacancy matching service. If you don't see one that's right for you, our team could help set one up for you, particularly in these areas:
Top-up your skills on a short course
Practise and develop useful work skills on an adult short course. These relaxed classes will build your confidence in specific areas you want to improve.
- First Aid At Work: - Level 3
- First Aid for Babies & Children - Level 3
- First Aid for Mental Health - Introduction
- Skills for Independence (RARPA) 16-18 - Entry Level
- Build Your Self-Confidence - All Levels
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy - Skills For Everyday Life - Introduction
- Counselling Skills: Preparing for Qualification - Introduction
- Employment Support - Create The Perfect CV - All Levels
- Employment Support - Interview Skills - All Levels
- Functional Skills Maths (Franciscan) - All Levels
- Employment Support - Job Search Skills - All Levels
- Job Shop: Employment Support - Writing A Supporting Statement/Cover Letter - All Levels
- Maths Skills (Franciscan) - All Levels
- Performance Skills for Confidence Building - All Levels
- Preparation For Life in UK Test - All Levels
- SELT - Preparation for Citizenship - All Levels
- SELT Preparation For Private Hire Drivers - All Levels
See our full range of adult courses for short courses across a range of subjects.