Distance Learning Courses
FREE short courses leading to nationally recognised qualifications.
We have a range of short distance learning courses which can be completed in as little as 4 – 8 weeks. These are fully funded, meaning there is no cost to either the learner or the employer.
These courses cover a number of key areas from Equality and Diversity, Principles of Team Leading, Principles of Customer Service to Awareness of Mental Health Problems.
Courses on offer include:
- Understanding Retail Operations
- Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Customer Service for H&SC Settings
- Principles of Care Planning
- Principles of Dementia Care
- Principles of End of Life Care
- Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection
- Understand Specific Learning Difficulties
- Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Understanding Autism
- Understanding Behaviour that Challenges
- Understanding Children and Young People's Mental Health
- Understanding Dignity & Safeguarding in Adult H&SC
- Understanding Nutrition and Health
- Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in H&SC
- Working with People with Mental Health Needs
- Equality and Diversity
- Principles of Customer Service
- Principles of Team Leading
- For your existing workforce (aged 19+)
- Lived in the EU for three years
What does the training programme offer?
- A nationally recognised Level 2 qualification in 4 – 8 weeks
- Personal and professional development for staff designed to increase service standards
- Access to a professional trainer for the duration of the course
- An opportunity to study in your own time (following enrolment and induction session at our Tooting centre)
Book your place
To enrol on one of these courses, click on one of the available dates below and follow the instructions:
The assessments take place at our Tooting centre every Friday from 3pm to 5pm. At the assessment you will undertake a short English and Maths test and then have an induction onto your chosen programme.
It normally takes 4 – 8 weeks to complete the course at home. A specific tutor will be assigned to help you progress through the qualification.
For further details please contact:
T: 020 8918 7272
South Thames Colleges Group
71 Tooting High Street
London SW17 0TQ