Sign up or log in to mySTC for extra features


Search for a course that's right for you

Find my Course


Build your own prospectus for information you want

Prospectus Builder


apply now
  • apply now
  • guide Advice and Guidance 1 910px290px
  • South Thames College How to Apply Application process Fees information cost How to sign up

How to apply

Applying for one of our courses is easy. Find out more about our application process below, or find your course to get specific information and start your application. 

Remember, we can help you fill in your application form at our open evenings. See our events page for the next available date.

Submit your application

Depending on your course, you can do this online, by post, over the phone or in person at one of our campuses. Check the page for your chosen course to find out the easiest way to apply.


If you're based in the UK or EEA, you can apply online for our qualification courses (BTECs, apprenticeships and other diplomas and certificates). Find your course, and click on the apply button at the bottom of the page to fill in the online form.

Undergraduate courses

Apply to our full-time undergraduate courses via UCAS. Part-time applications are made by post or in person.

By post or in person

You can apply for many of our courses by post or in person. Download the form, fill it in and send it back to the Freepost address printed at the bottom of the form. Or, drop it off at Student Services at Wandsworth, Tooting or Merton. Check the opening times for Student Services before making your journey. 

» Download our qualification course application form

By phone

For our short leisure courses, you can apply and pay for your course over the phone. Call us Monday to Friday between 9am and 4pm on 020 8918 7777.


If you're a student from outside the UK or EEA, our application process is slightly different for you. See our international pages for details. 


Many of our qualification courses require an interview, and some courses you'll need to sit an assessment before you can begin the course. When we receive your application we'll send you a letter with an assessment/interview date and information about what to expect and bring with you.

If you are still at school, you will be required to bring in a reference or a copy of your latest school report. Please use the blank reference form below, if required, and bring with you to your interview:

» Download our reference form

After you've had your interview, if we offer you a place we'll send you an acceptance card in the post with details of your offer and what to do next.

If we decide the course isn't quite right for you we'll make recommendations about other courses or training you could enrol on instead.


Short leisure courses

You can enrol on short leisure courses any time up to the start of your course. Just pop into Student Services to pick up your ID card.

Qualification courses

For qualification courses starting in September, we run enrolment days in August before the start of term. For other start dates there are enrolment sessions throughout the year. You'll receive a letter with enrolment dates and information about what to do next. 

During enrolment you'll get your college ID, timetable and we'll check your qualifications. If you don't get the results you were expecting, come to enrolment with your exam results and we'll help you decide what to do next. We can usually suggest another course that would suit you.

Undergraduate courses and clearing

For most of our HNC, HND and degree courses you can apply to us directly via UCAS, or by filling in and sending back an application form. A small number of courses require you to apply to one of our partner universities instead. Find your course on our courses page to get specific information and apply.

If you don't have a university place by July don't worry - you can still apply for our undergraduate courses through clearing. Check our website after A-level results day for information on our clearing process and the courses available. 

Check out the the undergraduate pages on each college's website for details: