Services for Schools
South Thames College is now offering a range of new services to local schools which include a series of taught sessions for students in Years 10, 11, 12 and 13. These include:
- Motivational and aspirational impartial advice and guidance assemblies, covering Post 16 vocational options including Apprenticeships, BTECs and alternatives to Higher Education
- Key note speeches of the above for Year 10 - 13 parents’ evenings
- Presentations to Year 12 and 13 students on alternatives to Higher Education.
- Achievement and attainment raising “Study Skills sessions” covering time management and prioritising tasks, note taking, tackling assignments, revision techniques, memory and exam techniques -this is targeted for Years 10-13 but includes twilight sessions for parents.
- Employability sessions - meet apprentices and their employers
- Employability skills including interview skills, CV writing and job seeking skills.
- Tours of the Colleges
- ‘A day in a life at College’ - Taster sessions/days
- Staff development sessions on vocational qualifications and the forthcoming T levels
- Taught sessions on Safeguarding, Prevent and British Values along with CPD for staff on Government and Ofsted priorities and how to improve a school’s Ofsted grading through developing evidence for the PDBW judgement.