Undergraduate & Access
HNC, HND and Degree courses
Art & Design
Childcare and Early Years
Digital Media & Games Design and Development
Film, Media and Multimedia
Languages and Writing Interpreting and Translation
Performing Arts and Production Arts
Teaching and Training
Access to Higher Education
Access courses are a great route into university or work. As well as learning all about your specialist subject and IT, you'll work on your study and communication skills to prepare you for higher education. We have a dedicated team of education advisers and we'll give you lots of help you with your UCAS application - giving you the best chance of securing the university of your choice.
We offer Access courses in the following subjects:
- Access to Creative & Digital Media - Level 3
- Access To HE Diploma (Built Environment) - Level 3
- Access to HE Diploma (Education and Teacher Training) - Level 3
- Access To HE Diploma (Music) - Level 3
- Access To HE Diploma (Productions Arts) - Level 3
- Access to HE Diploma (Social Work) - Level 3
- Access to Midwifery - Level 3
- Access to Nursing - Level 3
- Business - Access to Higher Education Diploma - Level 3
- Fashion - Access to Higher Education Diploma - Level 3
- Humanities and Social Sciences - Access to Higher Education Diploma - Level 3
- Media - Access to Higher Education Diploma - Level 3
- Sports Science - Access to Higher Education Diploma - Level 3
If you're not quite ready for a full Access course yet, have a look at the following courses:
- Extended Certificate in Skills for Further Study in Humanities and Social Science
- Extended Certificate in Skills for Professions in the Creative & Digital Industries
- OCNLR Level 2 Certificate/Extended Certificate in Skills for Further Study in Health and Human Sciences
Transfer of study into, or out of, South Thames Colleges Group
There are occasions when students will wish to transfer their study to another HE provider, for example as a result of a move of home necessitating a student to transfer to a different HE provider to study a similar course, or a student wishing to change direction of study and transfer to a different course within the College Group.
For those studying with a college in the South Thames Colleges Group and considering transferring their study out to another HE provider please ask for guidance from your personal tutor who will be able to explain the process for transferring relevant achievement (credit) on your current course to another.
How to Apply to South Thames Colleges Group (UCAS and Part-Time Courses)
How Current STCG Students can Apply
Funding your Undergraduate Studies
Get funding for your Access course
Did you know you can take out an Advanced Learner Loan to pay for your Access fees? And if you complete a Higher Education course afterwards, your Advanced Learner Loan repayments will be completely written off.
"I chose South Thames College because of the great facilities on offer - the libraries, HE study centre and online resources are excellent. The tutors are also really helpful and their backgrounds in industry meant we had a wealth of knowledge to draw on. I wanted to develop my knowledge of business and the course at South Thames allowed me to study many different aspects like marketing and economics. I felt the course has prepared me for the working environment and really developed my leadership, public speaking and presentation skills, as well as techniques on how to motivate team members."
Julia Morozova, HND Business Management