Undergraduate & Access
HNC, HND and Degree courses
Art, Fashion and Graphic Design
Business, Law and Professional Studies
Childcare, Science and Therapy
Film, Media and Multimedia
Games Design and Development
Hair, Beauty and Aesthetics
Languages and Writing
Music and Performing Arts
Teaching and Training
Access to Higher Education
Access courses are a great route into university or work. As well as learning all about your specialist subject and IT, you'll work on your study and communication skills to prepare you for higher education. We have a dedicated team of education advisers and we'll give you lots of help you with your UCAS application - giving you the best chance of securing the university of your choice.
We offer Access courses in the following subjects:
- Access To HE Diploma (Built Environment) - Level 3
- Access to HE Diploma (Education and Teacher Training) - Level 3
- Access To HE Diploma (Music) - Level 3
- Access to HE Diploma (Social Work) - Level 3
- Access to Midwifery - Level 3
- Access to Nursing - Level 3
- Business - Access to Higher Education Diploma - Level 3
- Fashion - Access to Higher Education Diploma - Level 3
- Humanities and Social Sciences - Access to Higher Education Diploma - Level 3
- Media - Access to Higher Education Diploma - Level 3
- Sports Science - Access to Higher Education Diploma - Level 3
If you're not quite ready for a full Access course yet, have a look at the following courses:
- Extended Certificate in Skills for Further Study in Humanities and Social Science
- Extended Certificate in Skills for Professions in the Creative & Digital Industries
- OCNLR Level 2 Certificate/Extended Certificate in Skills for Further Study in Health and Human Sciences
Transfer of study into, or out of, South Thames Colleges Group
There are occasions when students will wish to transfer their study to another HE provider, for example as a result of a move of home necessitating a student to transfer to a different HE provider to study a similar course, or a student wishing to change direction of study and transfer to a different course within the College Group.
For those studying with a college in the South Thames Colleges Group and considering transferring their study out to another HE provider please ask for guidance from your personal tutor who will be able to explain the process for transferring relevant achievement (credit) on your current course to another.
Get funding for your Access course
Did you know you can take out an Advanced Learner Loan to pay for your Access fees? And if you complete a Higher Education course afterwards, your Advanced Learner Loan repayments will be completely written off.
“Having worked as a nursery nurse for many years, I wanted to develop my knowledge and skills to improve my practice and further my career in Early Years. I was keen to do the Foundation Degree but was apprehensive about things like essay writing as it had been years since I had done any studying. My concerns were quickly put to rest by the tutors who were encouraging and supportive. As a mother of four children juggling home, work and studying is challenging but achievable and well worth it."
Mandy Gingell, Foundation Degree in Early Years