Search for a course that's right for you

Find my Course


Build your own prospectus for information you want

Prospectus Builder


clearing has started
  • clearing has started

Undergraduate & Access

Here's all you need to know about financing your vocational higher national certificate or diploma (HNC or HND).

The cost of your HNC or HND

We believe higher education should be as affordable as possible. Our fees are competitively priced and compare favourably with many other higher education providers.

How to apply for funding

Applications for funding need to go through Student Finance England. You'll need to set up a student finance account on their site. You can use this to apply for and manage your funding online, and calculate how much funding you could be eligible for. Find out more on the Student Finance England website.

Loans and grants

Important notice for EU nationals applying for HE finance

Currently, new students in 2016/17 must prove they have been living in the UK for three years before their course start date in order to get living cost support from Student Finance England.

From 25 March 2016 this will change to five years. Applications from EU nationals for finance submitted after midnight on 24 March 2016 will be assessed for eligibility based on them providing five years' residency within the UK.

Tuition fee loan

You can take out a loan to cover the full cost of your tuition so you don't have to pay up front. You can apply for this if you are studying full or part-time, or if you are an EU student. This fee is paid directly to the College.

Maintenance loan

This loan is to help with your living costs and is paid directly to you at the start of each term. You need to be a full-time UK student to receive this. It is not available if you're on a part-time course, or are an EU student, or if you're aged 60 or over.

Maintenance grant

The maintenance grant is designed to help with your cost of living and does not need to be repaid. You need to be a full-time UK student to qualify. Part-time and EU students cannot apply for this grant.

Disabled Students Allowance

If you have a disability, mental health condition or learning difficulty and are on a higher education level course, you could receive a grant called the Disabled Students' Allowance to help you during your studies. It does not need to be repaid. Find out more about the Disabled Students' Allowance.


Repayments of the tuition fee and maintenance loan don't need to be repaid until the April after you've finished your studies, and only if you are earning over £21,000 a year. The amount you repay is based on your annual income and is currently 9% of all earnings over £21,000. For example, if you earn £25,000 a year you would repay £30 a month.

Maintenance grants and the Disabled Students Allowance do not need to be repaid.

Enquiry Form

Please let us know your name.
Please let us know your email address.
Please enter a number we can contact you on
Please tell us how we can help you.