Employability Week at South Thames College has been a huge success with many positive outcomes for our learners. Students across the College attended insightful employer talks, benefited from mock interviews and attended Employer Fairs throughout the week. The employers generously gave up their time and spoke very positively about our learners.
- Childcare – Level 1 and Level 2 learners attended events run by recruitment staff from Bright Horizons nursery group). The events went so well, that the staff are coming back later in the week to interview 5 learners for initial Work Experience placements, which could be converted into employment at the end of the course, if they go well.
- Art & Design – Level 2 learners attended events run by Roopa Basu, founder of Art by Roopa.
- TV & Film Production – Level 3 Year 1 learners attended events run by Peter Fison, founder of South West London TV.
- Hair & Beauty - Headmasters and Exquisite Hair & Beauty Salon. The Hair & Beauty employers were particularly impressed with the professional image provided by the learners.
- Health & Social Care - Caremark Wandsworth and Living Foods for Health. Caremark Wandsworth are very keen to work with us to host a Recruitment Fair in the summer term for learners aged 18+ who are not progressing with us or going to University.
- Pamela Hurley, Business Partnerships Manager at our dedicated Business Centre was able to advise learners of Apprenticeship options for these sectors.