Advertising & Public Relations Directors
Advertising and public relations directors plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the advertising, public relations and public information activities of an organisation.
- Liaises with client to discuss product/service to be marketed and develops the most appropriate strategy to deliver the objectives
- Defines target group and implements strategy through appropriate media planning work
- Conceives advertising campaign to impart the desired product image in an effective and economical way
- Reviews and revises campaign strategy in light of sales figures, surveys, etc. and takes appropriate corrective measures if necessary
- Stays abreast of changes in media, readership or viewing figures and advertising rates
- Directs the arranging of conferences, exhibitions, seminars, etc. to promote the image of a product, service or organisation.
Entry is generally via career progression from related occupations (e.g. Advertising Accounts Manager, Public Relations Officer) and although there are no pre-set entry standards, in practice most advertising and public relations directors hold a degree. Off- and on-the-job training is provided.