Financial Institution Managers & Directors
Financial institution managers and directors plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the activities and resources of banks, building societies, insurance companies and post offices.
- Plans, organises, directs and co-ordinates the activities of financial institutions
- Verifies that accounting, recording and information storage and retrieval procedures are adhered to
- Authorises loans and mortgages in accordance with bank or building society policy
- Promotes financial services, establishes contact with the local business community and professional firms
- Preparing general reports and briefs on more complex cases for senior management
- Ensures compliance with the statutory regulatory framework.
Entry is possible with A levels/H grades, S/NVQ levels 4 and 5, a degree or equivalent qualification. Those with higher qualifications obtain accelerated training. Internal promotion to management is also possible. On-the-job training is provided. Professional qualifications are available and often mandatory.