Health Care Practice Managers
Healthcare practice managers plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the work and resources of medical, dental and other types of healthcare practice, including veterinary practices.
- Plans work schedules, assigns tasks and delegates responsibilities of practice staff
- Oversees staff training and monitors training needs
- Takes responsibility for health and safety matters within the practice
- Negotiates contracts for services with other health care providers and purchasers
- Maintains patient files on medical history, consultations made and treatment undertaken and/or drugs prescribed
- Organises duty rosters for professional and support staff in practice
- Takes responsibility for stock control of practice equipment, drugs etc.
- Liaises with relevant outside organisations (e.g. NHS trust, PCT, social services, drug companies, professional bodies)
- Responsible for budgeting, pricing and accounting activities within the practice.
There are no pre-set entry requirements. Candidates are recruited with a variety of academic qualifications or with relevant experience. Professional qualifications are available and are required for certain posts.