Residential, Day & Domiciliary Care Managers & Proprietors
Managers and proprietors in this group plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the resources necessary in the provision and running of residential and day care establishments and domiciliary care services for persons who require specialised care and/or supervision.
- Determines staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term requirements
- Plans work schedules, assigns tasks and delegates responsibilities to staff
- Arranges for payment of bills, keeps accounts and adheres to health, safety and other statutory requirements
- Maintains contact between service users and the local community and/or family and friends
- Assesses service users’ needs and ensures they have access to health and social care services as required
- Creates a friendly, secure atmosphere to gain the trust and confidence of those using the service
- Ensures that the physical comfort and all material needs of service users are provided and attempts to resolve problems that may arise.
Although there are no pre-set academic entry requirements there are a variety of entry routes. However, entrants must be registered with the relevant statutory body and hold the appropriate qualification for the job they do. Off- and on-the-job training is provided and a range of qualifications is available including NVQs/SVQs in Health and Social Care at Levels 3 and 4. Background checks including a CRB check are required.