Business & Financial Project Management Professionals
Job holders in this unit group manage and oversee major projects across all sectors of modern industry, commerce and the public sector, in areas such as e-commerce, business analysis, finance, product development, marketing, human resources.
- Finds out what the client or company wants to achieve
- Agrees timescales, costs and resources needed
- Draws up a detailed plan for how to achieve each stage of the project
- Selects and leads a project team
- Negotiates with contractors and suppliers for materials and services
- Ensures that each stage of the project is progressing on time, on budget and to the right quality standards
- Reports regularly on progress to the client or to senior managers.
Entry may be via a degree or postgraduate qualification in project management or a subject relevant to the particular sector or via significant relevant work experience in that sector.