Quality Assurance Technicians
Quality assurance technicians perform a variety of technical inspections and testing and monitoring tasks to detect processing, manufacturing and other defects.
- Sets up scientific, electronic, or other technical equipment to perform functional and inspection tests
- Analyses and interprets the results of tests undertaken and writes up reports upon completion
- Supervises the work of routine inspection staff and notes any defects reported
- Assists quality control engineers in undertaking production audits
- Liaises with production engineers and staff to maintain the quality of output and to develop quality management systems.
Entrants normally possess GCSEs/S grades, a BTEC/ SQA award or A levels/H grades. Training is typically received on-the-job, supplemented by training courses where instruction in specific techniques is required. Various industry-specific NVQs/SVQs encompass aspects of quality control.
Live job listings
- Senior Technician - Aseptic Services | Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust Updated 17 Jun 2019