Draughtspersons prepare technical drawings, plans, maps, charts and similar items.
- Examines design specification to determine general requirements
- Considers the suitability of different materials with regard to the dimensions and weight and calculates the likely fatigue, stresses, tolerances, bonds and threads
- Prepares design drawings, plans or sketches and checks feasibility of construction and compliance with safety regulations
- Prepares detailed drawings, plans, charts or maps that include natural features, desired surface finish, elevations, electrical circuitry and other details as required
- Arranges for completed drawings to be reproduced for use as working drawings.
Entrants usually possess GCSEs/S grades, BTEC/ SQA awards, an appropriate GNVQ/GSVQ or A levels/H grades. Further training consists of courses of study and supervised practical experience.
Live job listings
- Graduate Draughtsperson Updated 24 Aug 2019