Artists create artistic works using appropriate techniques, materials and media; design artwork and illustrations; and restore damaged pieces of art.
- Conceives and develops ideas and ways of working for artistic composition
- Selects appropriate materials, medium and method
- Prepares sketches, scale drawings or colour schemes
- Builds up composition into finished work by carving, sculpting, etching, painting, engraving, drawing, etc.
- Approaches managers of galleries and exhibitions in order to get finished work displayed
- Uses artistic skills to restore damaged artworks
- Liaises with writers and publishers to produce book illustrations
- Markets and sells finished work directly to customers
- Produces works on commission basis for clients.
No specific academic qualifications are required although a variety of vocational qualifications, degrees and postgraduate courses are available. Entry can be based upon portfolio work.
Live job listings
- Subway Sandwich Artist/Customer Service Updated 3 Aug 2020
- UK Head of Production Updated 3 Aug 2020
- project manager Updated 3 Aug 2020
- Communications Manager Updated 3 Aug 2020
- OBJECT DATABASE RESEARCHER & SOURCING CO-ORDINATOR Updated 3 Aug 2020