Musicians write, arrange, orchestrate, conduct and perform musical compositions.
- Conceives and writes original music
- Tunes instrument and studies and rehearses score
- Plays instrument as a soloist or as a member of a group or orchestra
- Scores music for different combinations of voices and instruments to produce desired effect
- Auditions and selects performers and rehearses and conducts them in the performance of the composition.
There are no formal academic entry requirements although many possess a degree and/or diploma. Entry to a degree or graduate diploma course requires A levels/H grades. Entrants to the performers’ diploma course generally possess GCSEs/S grades and Associated Board Graded Examination passes in their chosen instrument(s) and will be required to audition. Apprenticeships at NVQ Levels 2 and 3 are available in some areas.
Live job listings
- Post Doctoral Research Associate Updated 2 Dec 2020
- Support Worker 2 - 223 College Road - Social Care Updated 2 Dec 2020
- Clinical Psychologist/ Behaviour Specialist | Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust Updated 2 Dec 2020