Stock Control Clerks & Assistants
Stock control clerks and assistants receive orders from customers, prepare requisitions or despatch documents for ordered goods, maintain and update records, files and other correspondence in relation to the storage and despatch of goods.
- Receives and checks in deliveries from suppliers or completed stock to be despatched to customers
- Allocates appropriate storage space in accordance with stock control and space utilisation policies
- Receives enquiries and orders from customers, and quotes prices, discounts, delivery dates and other relevant information
- Prepares requisitions, consignments and other despatch documents
- Checks requisitions against stock records and forwards to issuing department
- Adjusts stock records as orders are received, reports on damaged stock and prepares requisitions to replenish damaged stock.
There are no minimum academic requirements, although entrants usually possess GCSEs/S grades. Training is usually provided on-the-job. NVQs/ SVQs in relevant areas are available at Levels 2 and 3.