Groundsmen & Greenkeepers
Groundsmen and greenkeepers cut and lay turf and maintain areas for golf courses and other sports grounds.
- Levels ground and installs drainage system as required
- Cuts and lays turf using hand and machine tools and repairs damaged turf
- Moves soil to alter surface contour of land using mechanical equipment and constructs appropriate landscaping features and maintains such features
- Monitors and maintains the quality and condition of turf
- Rolls, mows and waters grass, marks out pitches.
There are no formal academic entry requirements. NVQs/SVQs in Sports Turf Management are available at Level 4. Professional qualifications are also available.