Construction & Building Trades Supervisors
Construction and building trades supervisors oversee operations and directly supervise and coordinate the activities of workers in construction and building trades.
- Directly supervises and coordinates the activities of construction and building workers and/or subcontractors
- Establishes and monitors work schedules to meet productivity requirements
- Liaises with managers and contractors to resolve operational problems
- Determines or recommends staffing and other needs to meet productivity requirements
- Reports as required to managerial staff on work-related matters.
There are no formal academic entry requirements, though GCSEs/S grades are advantageous. Entry is typically through an apprenticeship or traineeship approved by ConstructionSkills leading to an NVQ/SVQ at Level 3, in addition to significant relevant work experience.