Bakers & Flour Confectioners
Bakers and flour confectioners prepare and bake dough, pastry and cake mixtures and make and finish flour confectionary products by hand.
- Weighs ingredients according to recipe
- Mixes ingredients using hand or machine to obtain the required consistency
- Rolls and cuts pastry, stretches, kneads and moulds dough to form bread, rolls and buns
- Fills and glazes pastry, mixes ingredients for cakes
- Bakes bread, pastry and cakes
- Makes cake decorations, spreads icing, fillings and toppings on products.
There are no formal academic entry requirements. Training is typically received on-the-job or by apprenticeship. Apprenticeships and traineeships leading to NVQs/SVQs at Levels 2 and 3 are available.