Educational Support Assistants
Educational support assistants work with teachers to provide one-to-one support for children with particular learning needs.
- Supports schoolwork under teacher’s supervision
- Helps child understand instruction through a variety of means and encourages self-confidence and independence
- Identifies signs of distress and offers reassurance
- Implements care programmes, as appropriate
- Helps and encourages child to communicate
- Attends to child’s physical needs
- Provides feedback to teachers and completes and maintains records.
Academic qualifications may be required by some employers, although entry is possible with relevant experience alone. CRB clearance is mandatory.
Live job listings
- LSA/TA/Learning Mentor/1:1 Updated 2 Dec 2020
- Learning Support Assistant Updated 2 Dec 2020
- SEN Teaching Assistants Updated 2 Dec 2020
- Hackney Primary School: SEN/Behaviour Support Assistant Updated 2 Dec 2020
- Numeracy and Literacy Support Updated 2 Dec 2020