Travel agents advise travellers upon travel arrangements, make bookings and receive payment for travel arrangements made.
- Discusses client requirements and shows brochures containing suitable packages
- Establishes availability with tour operators and makes bookings
- Consults travel time-tables, books travel tickets and accommodation
- Handles cash, debit and credit card payment
- Informs client of any changes in travel arrangements
- Advises on issues of currency, passports, visa requirements, insurance, car hire, vaccinations and other health precautions.
There are no formal academic entry requirements, although many employers require entrants to possess GCSEs/S grades. Off- and on-the-job training is usually available. NVQs/SVQs in travel services at Levels 2 and 3, BTEC, apprenticeships and higher level qualifications are available.
Live job listings
- Residential Child care worker & Senior Residnetial Child care worker Updated 20 Oct 2020