Elementary Security Occupations N.e.c.
Workers in this unit group perform a variety of elementary security occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 924: Elementary Security Occupations.
- Serves summonses and, on court authority, takes possession of goods to the value of outstanding debt
- Accepts payment on behalf of court and issues receipts
- Ejects persons in illegal occupation of premises
- Watches for illegal fishing or attempted smuggling
- Deals with any security difficulties in art galleries and museums, clubs, public houses, employers’ establishments and other buildings
- Receives clothing, luggage and other articles, collects fee and issues ticket and returns item to deposit or on presentation of receipt
- Operates push-button or hand controls to raise and lower lifts to required floor and ensures safety of goods and passengers carried in lift.
There are no formal academic entry requirements. For some vacancies a current and clean driving licence is required and entrants may have to pass a medical examination. Off- and on-the-job training may be provided.